For example, well-loved
children’s literature provide an
excellent starting point for mine and other dram activities. Miming familiar
characters in a familiar story is very engaging to kids ( Ewing, 2013). They can easily mime
how each character feels before and after. They can even walk in role as each
character.
Story drama is a more structured drama activity
that involves an adult or older child reading a picture book, traditional
story, myth, poem or song lyrics. Teachers should know the importance of drama
experiences in the lives of young children. This can be done by providing opportunities
to embody the events through dramatizing them. From the lecture, I realized that a quality literacy should tell students about the world by interesting pictures and imaginative text. I also know that creativity means no prohibition, no border. There is no right or wrong in creativity. In this lecture, I also learn how to choose an appropriate text for primary school students at various stages. We, teachers should have a passion to share quality literacy with the children. As art program will be more active in school setting, we should be more confident about choosing quality literacy. Accordingly, I agreed that a skill-based approach is so wrong as decoding is only a part of the learning process. On its own, it does not enable meaning and understanding.
No comments:
Post a Comment